Farm Information Unit
The Farm Information Unit (FIU) undertakes various activities in development and communication of farm information and its dissemination to farmers as well as field extension workers.
- To publish Books / Booklets on improved cultivation practices.
- To publish Folders and Leaflets on specific technologies.
- To arrange for publicity through mass media.
- To organize exhibitions and production of audio visual aids.
- Publishing package of practice books on agriculture, sericulture and allied areas.
- Publishing folders on various crops as well as farm practices.
- Publishing small booklets on scientific agriculture for the use of farmers.
- Arranging press releases, press coverages, press conferences and visits. Publishing special articles, popular articles, question and answer columns etc. in print and electronic media.
- Arranging exhibitions at National, State and University level on various agricultural technologies recommended by the University.
- Co-ordinating with Doordarshan and other channels & All India Radio in producing programmes like documentaries, live phone-in programmes, panel discussions, field coverage tips to farmers etc.
- Develop documentaries on agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, forestry, watershed & value added products etc.
Faculty Details of Farm information Unit, Directorate of Extension, University of Agricultural Sciences, Hebbal, Bangalore
Dr. L. Ramakrishna RaoSenior Information Specialist
Mr. R. VenkatappaAudio Visual Specialist