Bakery Training Unit
The Bakery Training Unit (BTU) was started as Bakery Training School during 1968 to impart training in preparation of bakery products on a small scale. Now it possess semi-automatic plant to impart training in large scale manufacture of bakery products and training facilitates for professional bakers, youths, housewives etc. The Centre has started one year Diploma course in Baking Technology from the academic year 2006-07 for the candidates with a minimum qualification of SSLC in science or equivalent. Also Offers 6 months, 14 weeks & 4 weeks training programmes
- To impart knowledge on quality baking and bakery.
- To impart professional and management skills.
- To promote technical personnel in the field of bakery industry to meet the GOI industrial policy 2002.
- Organizing on-campus training courses:
- Diploma in Baking Technology of one year duration.
- 14 weeks certificate course in Bakery Technology
- 4 weeks, 3 days & 2 days training programmes.
- Other specialized and sponsored training programmes
- Organizing one day orientation & demonstration on campus
- Organizing off-campus lectures and demonstrations.
- Participating in exhibitions
- Carrying out research to support training courses and the industry
- Providing 3 months Hands on Training for B.Tech(Food Technology) students
Dr. S.V. SureshaCoordinator
Dr. S. Shamshad BegumAssistant Professor
(Food Science and Nutrition)
Mrs. Rani ArvindInstructor