Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC)
The Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) was started during the year 1999 under the National Agriculture Technology Project (NATP). The Centre provides information on agriculture technologies in addition to providing other inputs like seeds, plant materials, etc. including advisory services through single window system. The ATIC is intended to providing formal management mechanism between the scientists and technology users. The Subject Matter Specialists provide technical support to the farmers and others who visit ATIC. Thus, ATIC is functioning as a repository of agricultural information.
An information Kiosk is established, which provides information of various crops & technologies to the farmers.
ATIC also serves as Kissan call centre (Level II) to provide advisory services to the farmers over telephone.
The ATIC advisory committee is the advisory body at the University level under the chairmanship of the Vice-Chancellor.
- To provide single window delivery system for the products, plants & literature available.
- To facilitate direct access to the farmers to the institutional resources for reducing dissemination losses.
- To provide mechanism for feed back from the users to the institute.
- Sale of seeds, plant materials, tools, agriculture equipment and value added products etc.
- Providing information through exhibits, audio visual aids, farm literature, kiosk (Touch screen) & Video documentaries on various agriculture technologies
- Attending personnel letters, phone calls, office calls.
- Arranging field visits.