Department of Kannada Studies
Department of Kannada Studies (DKS) was started at University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore during 1969-70 to publish agricultural literature in kannada in line with the recommendations of the National Education policy of Education commission to promote regional languages along with the National Language. Commission for Scientific Terminology (CSTT) is providing grants every year for the publication of Text Books / Reference Books in regional language.
The Kannada Development Committee is the advisory body of the University level under the chairmanship of the Vice-Chancellor.
- To publish text books and reference books on agriculture and related subjects in regional language.
- To publish agricultural and related literature for the benefit of farmers, extension personnel and general public.
- To prepare glossaries of technical terms of agriculture.
- Publication of textbooks and reference books in Kannada on agriculture and related subjects.
- Publication of books on agriculture and related subjects under ‘Krishi Jnana Bhandara Maalike'.
- Preparation and publication of glossaries of technical terms related to agriculture.
- Conducting workshops and seminars to prepare glossaries and technical writing in regional language.
- Attend university translation work
Dr. J. BalakrishnaProfessor and Head (i/c)
+91-80-2333 0153 Extn. 373